First National Bank Botswana (FNBB) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Botswana Doctor’s Union to provide tailor made and subsidised banking services to public employed Medical doctors . The signing ceremony took place on 21 October 2022.
As corporate citizens in the private sector, the Bank understands the importance of public-private partnerships in ensuring that issues of national concern are given attention. Collaboration is a key driver at FNBB which is evident through partnerships such as these. Through this partnership, Government medical doctors and dentists will have access to the below:
- Premium and Private Banking – Medical doctors and dentists will have a dedicated banker who will be their first point of contact for all their transactional banking, lending and investment needs. The banker will analyse the customer and their family’s needs and future aspirations, and work with a team of experts to guide them on their wealth and future requirements.
- Preferential lending rates – Lending for Public service Dentists and Medical Doctors will be offered at unique subsidised rates that will heighten affordability for these professionals.
- Bancassurance – (Insurance products and services. E.g., Life cover, funeral cover, Homeowners and Household content protection.
- Financial Literacy program – (Understanding my money, Growing my money, Debt Management, Protecting the things that matter).
- Graduate loans – An ideal product to help graduates settle and get essential assets they need to help with their day to day as living as they enter the world of work.
- Self-service channels – (Cash plus agents, FNB App, Online Banking, Cellphone Banking) to provide convenience and around the clock Banking solutions.
Speaking at the ceremony, FNBB Group Head Schemes, Khehla Maphakwane said, “As a Bank we wish to be part of your beautiful life journey and support you every step of the way. As we look into the future, we envision you among the health dignitaries and country leadership through your hard work, dedication through the support of the Bank. We urge you to make use of this opportunity and advise that you save for the unknown through our savings and investment solutions, create wealth and protect it through our bouquet of financial solutions.”
The previous night, the Bank had sponsored the graduation ceremony of the Botswana Doctor’s Union Interns to a tune of P 50 000. During the ceremony Maphakwane congratulated the graduates and encouraged them not to burden themselves with loans, as they take the next steps in their careers.
The Bank continues to remain centered on supporting crucial sectors in Botswana’s economy and the overall well-being of the nation and its citizens with the primary objective of making a positive change.